Skip to main content

Christmas Sunday


What's up fam? I know it has been more than a minute.

Phew! It has been too long and I apologize. I will try to ensure I post regularly next year.

Yesterday, I came across a collection of poems I wrote when I was between the age of 16 - 17 with the pseudonym Lovilia.

I am going to share all of them on my blog starting with one I originally titled SUNDAY.



I actually wrote this poem on a Sunday afternoon. Whether I wrote it when I was in church or after, I really cannot remember.

I have modified it a bit but I will try my best to post the others as my 16/17-year-old self wrote them.

Why am I starting with this poem? Well, today is Sunday and I am feeling nostalgic.

 Let's just say that I am dedicating this poem to the last Sunday in 2018 and all the Christmas Sunday's to come till infinity. Lol...

Here it goes:


Christmas Sunday


Ding! Dong!

The church bells ring

It is Sunday morning!

It is time for service.



Parents and Children

Hurry towards the big cathedral

In obedience to the tolling of the bell



Hymns are sung

Offerings are paid

The priest appears behind the podium

With his white robe and shiny spectacles



The day's sermon is meticulously delivered

The closing hymn is sung

Children and Parents hurry home

Rice and Chicken stew at the back of their minds.



I hope you enjoyed it? Don't ask me why I ended it with Sunday rice and stew 😂 I was probably hungry but if you are a Nigerian, I am sure you can relate. Thank you for reading.



Do leave your comments and thoughts about this poem below. Constructive criticism is welcome.





























ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this blog, including but not limited to PDFs, audio, video, or other media, including media that may be added in the future, may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, photocopying, or recording, without express dated and signed permission in writing from the author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ma Alfred (ii)

...He had heard that virgins were the sweetest. Their vaginas were untouched, unpenetrated, a parcel waiting to be unwrapped. He had heard of how the tightness of a virgin's vagina grips the penis, massaging it into ecstasy and this experience appealed to him very much. He yearned for it and  he day dreamed about it. He would

Ode To A Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul November 26th, 2017 will never remain the same for me. You died same time I set my alarm to wake up on Sunday mornings. 6:30am on Sundays will always remind me that you are no longer here.  I miss your bubbliness, your laughter, your sarcasm, your humor... How do I summarize your being in two lines Gogzy?  Classy diva with a sense of humor and brains for ages sounds just about right. I'm more than glad I got to meet an amazing person like you in my lifetime. Saying goodbye is difficult but I know I will see you again Gogzy. 

Soulmates

I am still sharing poems I wrote when I was between the age of 16 and 17. I wrote 'Soulmates' because I wondered what it would be like to fall in love so deeply that living without the other person would seem impossible. A love so intense that nothing can come between you and your beloved. The poem below is what I envisioned it to be like. Enjoy: