Skip to main content

BLACK






















BLACK
I read somewhere once: Black don’t crack
I like to think of myself as black
Not in the way you think
I am not referring to the color of my skin


When I talk black, I talk strength
I talk resilience, I talk bond
I talk valor, I talk vigor.

I am black. No, not my skin
My attitude, my walk, my talk
My doggedness, my gallantry
has seen me through tough times
Each time life hauls me through the trenches
I come out blacker.
I am black. Are you?


Photo credit: gettyimages.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode To A Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul November 26th, 2017 will never remain the same for me. You died same time I set my alarm to wake up on Sunday mornings. 6:30am on Sundays will always remind me that you are no longer here.  I miss your bubbliness, your laughter, your sarcasm, your humor... How do I summarize your being in two lines Gogzy?  Classy diva with a sense of humor and brains for ages sounds just about right. I'm more than glad I got to meet an amazing person like you in my lifetime. Saying goodbye is difficult but I know I will see you again Gogzy. 

Ma Alfred (ii)

...He had heard that virgins were the sweetest. Their vaginas were untouched, unpenetrated, a parcel waiting to be unwrapped. He had heard of how the tightness of a virgin's vagina grips the penis, massaging it into ecstasy and this experience appealed to him very much. He yearned for it and  he day dreamed about it. He would

Soulmates

I am still sharing poems I wrote when I was between the age of 16 and 17. I wrote 'Soulmates' because I wondered what it would be like to fall in love so deeply that living without the other person would seem impossible. A love so intense that nothing can come between you and your beloved. The poem below is what I envisioned it to be like. Enjoy: